Saturday, September 1, 2012

there must be no market for sprinklers in ireland

updates!!! basically I'm never coming home....

Galway has been amazing so far!  It's only been a few days but it's awesome.  Finn and her husband Kevin, our resident directors, are actually the nicest people i've ever met in the entire world. They're seriously so helpful and totally encouraging to go out and do/see everything ireland has to offer.   Everyone in my group was laughing because theyre just SO ridiculously nice.

I think we have an irish roommate moving in right now, which is exciting. I'll know soon when I make myself get out of bed hehe.   The last few days and nights have been super exhausting, I feel like i've gotten five hours of sleep since I've been here but everything's so "grand" and "class" and "coo-well" (how they say Cool.  i've mastered it, don't worry!) 

the first couple nights i've gone into town with the kids in my group to explore the pubs.. New favorite is called The Front Door. Then the other day I took a bus to Limerick to crash the Seamus O'Shaughnessy's grad party cause he just graduated from the University of Limerick.  Getting there was an adventure.. a cab to a bus station then a two and a half hr bus ride then a cab to the hotel they were at - which wasn't bad except the irish lady on the bus next to me just kept saying "Geeez I hope you're on the right bus.... that'd be too bad if you were going the wrong direction.." so I was freaking out the whole time that I was going the wrong way, but I finally made it!  The party was so much fun, [thanks for the invite oshaughnessys!!!] we hung out in the hotel restaurant until maybe 2am then went to a "disco" or like a nightclub and ended up going to bed at 530am.  Yeah...no sleep ever. but it was a great craic anyways.

Also should add that my roommate &I made our first dinner last night. Salad and pasta and chicken cutlets and it was delish.. so I can officially say i'm not gonna starve and that i'm going to survive. YAY I'm so grown-up. 

 Well that's all for now.. sorry, I suck at blogging but that's the update if the fam back home or anyone cares to know!

2 comments:

  1. Hi KT. We have the same blog background hahaha but I'm so happy you are enjoying yourself and that you made dinner successfully :)

    ReplyDelete