Tuesday, September 4, 2012

not a very eggcellent first impression.. #cheesytitle

So I have two Irish roommates.. Orla and Aoife (pronounced Ee-fa) and they're grand.  Actually they both lived in Hyannis this summer which is hilarious. Such a small world.

Anyways  they moved in on Friday and of course Orla walked in when I was attempting to make breakfast by myself for the first time here.   All I wanted  was a little fried egg sandwich, but apparently it takes YEARS for the stoves to heat up here and I didn't wait long enough (i was hungry!!!) so she watched me crack the egg and then desperately push the disgusting gooey uncooked egg [and i already hate eggs to begin with, it was so gross. worse than the stupid monkey]  around the pan for like ten minutes before it even started to turn a little bit white.. 

So embarrassing. I was dying.  She was super nice though and we were getting to know each other and finally she was like, "What exactly are you trying to make...?? You should probably just give up and scramble them at this point."  But finallyyyy they cooked and they turned out well but oh man it was funny. I was so embarrassed.   She told me that my training in the kitchen starts Monday hahaha.

Just thought I'd share.  Figured mom and dad would get a kick out of that one..  and also probably the rest of the world who actually knows how to cook eggs and be self-sufficient.

1 comment: