Wednesday, September 19, 2012

On guard!








Pictures from Cork are up on Facebook!  But here's some actual proof that I kissed the Blarney Stone and that I started fencing lessons last night!!  I had no idea what I was doing but no one there did. We learned how to step properly, lunge, and stab and get into ON GUARD! position.  They told us to get a partner and one of us could put the gear on, so I did and I was so excited to start fencing until I realized that I was the one getting stabbed first! I was so nervous but it didn't hurt, it was like an aggressive poke in the ribs over and over haha.  My coach told me I did really well!  And when I say coach I mean the student who was running the club that night.   Afterwards they had a fencing social at a pub called The Scholar's Rest so Kerry, Aoife and I went and were the only new people there but we got a chance to hang out with the kids on the team! I lovee all my API friends but I  was excited to meet some more Irish students too! The next practice is Friday and then it's on Tuesday again and after they're taking us bowling!  Apparently for every pint you buy, you get a free game of bowling... pretty good deal!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having an amazing trip! We miss you here but we're glad you're gaining all this worldly experience (like learning how to cook an egg). Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete