Friday, September 7, 2012

Smoothies and quesadillas

Aoife made the best purchase ever.  A blender.  this means smoothies all day baby! Last night she made us some and so I made quesadillas (she'd never had any!!) so we shared a lovely little dinner together while attempting to watch TV.  I say attempting because we only have 18 channels (which is apparently a lot compared to normal.. go us....) and so we all usually end up watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire (i'm gonna know so much british trivia by the end of the semester) or an australian soap opera everyone here is obsessed with called Home and Away.

Actually some guy just won a million dollars, it was awesome. I've never seen anyone actually win before.  And he got the last six questions or so all right on his own cause he had already used his lifelines.  Case you're wondering...  lake baikal is the deepest lake in the world. and the majority of the french kings were crowned in Rheims.  Just two of the answers I can throw out there.   also trout are caught by 'tickling' them.  Some guy got that one right cause he once went to a pub called The Tickled Trout.

Anywho tomorrow we go to Connemara, so hopefully I'll put up some pics of ponies and more green grass and limestone and all the other exciting things that are in abundance here in Ireland.

All the Irish kids go home for the weekend, so it just cleared out and got really quiet here really quick.  But me and my lovely American friends are still gonna venture out tonight! Everyone gets so much more dressed up here than home.  I wore flip-flops out once and had to go back and change into heels cause I looked so out of place!! I bought a little card though that lets me cut the lines at all the clubs... best purchase ever after the blender.

Last night API took us to see Trad on the Prom, which was a live show in a hotel that runs a few times a week that had singers and irish dancers, it was awesome.  Almost all of the dancers were multi-time World Champions and have been in Riverdance and Lord of the Dance so it was awesome.  [side note: sorry to my parents for pursuing horseback riding and quitting dance... I do realize that new horses are much more expensive than new shoes and that traveling to Oklahoma City for Worlds isn't as cool as Ireland hahaha]

i'll write again after Connemara!

No comments:

Post a Comment