Sunday, September 16, 2012

Our weekend with Sheila

Helloooo.  Tomorrow my classes start for real, which means I actually have to go. Very sad.  but fortunately after that is Tuesday, which I think is the first day I'm going to my fencing club!! Yup, I joined fencing and by the time I come home I'm gonna be a true sword fighter.  it's gonna be awesome.  I'll be like Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride.  which is the best movie ever, and neither of my Irish roommates have seen it!! So disappointing. I'm gonna force them to watch it this week!

I'm taking two psych classes, a philosophy one called Bioethics which should be pretty interesting.. it's all about ethics and he gives us a lot of crazy scenarios and 'what would you do' type situations, then i'm taking two classes about Ireland.

This weekend my friends from API and I went to Cork to go check out the city compared to Galway and to kiss the Blarney stone and whatnot.  it was a long 3 hour bus ride and we got there around dinner time so we checked into our 14 bed room at Sheila's Hostel and headed downtown.  The whole hostel experience was hilarious. First of all it was at the top of this ridiculously steep hill, and then there were atleast one million stairs to our room so I'm pretty sure Sheila was trying to kill us before we even got there, whoever she is. We almost had the room to ourselves except there was a random older guy and a young asian kid.  Older guy was creepy, my poor friend Mary woke up to him staring at her both nights hahahah but the asian kid thought we were pretty funny even though we came in late and loud that night.  THEN at like 3:30AM on the first night, two more Irish guys came in and that morning we got up at like 8 to go to the Blarney Castle so we looked over at our two new arrivals... and they were basically Calvin Klein models. I mean their muscles had muscles.. oh my god.  But we had to rush and get ready to catch the bus so we couldn't enjoy the view for long, but it was great while it lasted!! :) Unfortunately they were replaced by two random french guys the next night so we never saw them again.

The Blarney Castle was really cool, I felt like it should be in Game of Thrones climbing through its spiral stairs to the top and then exploring the cave there.  I kissed the stone even though someone said not to because the Irish supposedly pee on it?? But I couldn't get all the way there and not do it! That night we went to a pub and my friend Jo dragged me out onto the dance floor so naturally I had to whip out my signature dance move (thanks Lindsey King) that goes to everyone song... and she helped me get the entire dance floor to do it. it was hilarious, everyone was jumping around and doing this one stupid move like a bunch of lunatics. then I realized this was absolutely necessary to get on camera, so I made everyone face one direction towards a screen and had my friend record it hahaha.

anyways, i'll write more in a bit but i'm pretty much falling asleep right now. staying with 13 other people in the same room for two nights and a ridiculous amount of walking around all weekend was exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment