Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mi bicicleta!

This is going to be a quick post because I want to get to bed - I've got 4 awkwardly spread out classes tomorrow which makes for a very long day. 

So first and most importantly, I rented a bike today!  It's actually weird how excited I am about it.  I don't know why, but after walking foreverrr every day back and forth to campus (it's 20 minutes one way to classes, and then 20 mins from my apartment to downtown, and I go back and forth a lot between classes and whatnot) I realized I really should just get one since I keep thinking about it and not doing it.  So I basically felt like I was flying when I was coming down the hill on the way home from class today.

And the very best part is, you give a $50 deposit that they return to you at the end of the two month rental, so I'll have a tleast $50 to my name to go home with when I leave Ireland, haha! Which means I'll have enough to buy some mediocre airport food while traveling/and can say I didn't go completely broke on my trip.. woot woot!


I'll post more stories/pictures tomorrow or more likely Thursday about the latest adventures I've been up to (went to Dublin for a night, celebrated Arthur's Day, and more fencing lessons!)

Also I decided that my API friends here should do some bonding time even though we are all already a part of a happy little abroad family but so I'm hosting a pot luck dinner at my apartment tomorrow!  I'm pretty excited.  So I'll put up pictures of our meals and let you all know how that goes! I'm making pizza-rolls, courtesy of this amazing blog that makes me disgustingly hungry every time I look at it...  http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2012/01/pepperoni-cheese-stick-roll-ups.html


tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment