Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The first two visitors arrived!

I had my first two visitors here in Galway earlier this week!

Greg arrived exhausted (seriously, jet lag is horrible enough..and then the sad realization finding out you have a 2.5 hour bus ride to Galway after doing all that flying = brutal) and so when he got here we just relaxed so he could wake up a bit and then we went downtown to show him Shop Street and all the pubs and street performers there.

He did say it reminded him a bit like Church St in Burlington except an Irish version, but we had a fun time trying new restaurants.. I haven't been to that many yet.. hint hint Mom you can take me when you get here!!!

Later that night we met up with five of my friends here and went out with them.  A lot of my other API friends here were either at Oktoberfest for the weekend so he didn't get to meet them all but it was nice that he got to know a few of them really well instead of being overwhelmed by a big group of random Americans!   I introduced him to Supermacs late night food of course and then we pretty much did the same thing the next day and spent two nights at a B&B in Salthill which was nice cause it is right on the water.

He got lucky too it was actually sunny both Friday and Saturday when he was here!

Then Jeff came Monday so he, Greg and I went to a restaurant at the end of Quay St down by the water to have a few pints and get dinner... They have the best beef stew there ever. It was the first time I had a really traditional irish meal so that was good.

Greg left for the airport at like 4am Monday so then Jeff and I did a little family-bonding and spent Tuesday mostly being lazy at my house but we did go back out later that night to get food and listen to live bands and see irish dancers!

Mom comes next week so I'm looking forward to that!

I've planned some trips recently too:  Paris and Barcelona for a weekend!  And we go to London this weekend!!

Any suggestions for what to see in London/Paris/Barcelona??

No comments:

Post a Comment